Jamaica has some of the best beaches in the world,
get out of the resort and explore all that this beautiful Island has to offer.
When in Jamaica there are some beaches you just have to visit even just once to get a real sense of Jamaica and that “irie” feeling, that only Jamaica has!
we’ve done the hard work for you and checked out the best beaches in Jamaica for you to enjoy!
- Seven Mile BeachSituated in Negril, Seven Mile Beach as the name suggest offers 7 miles of glorious beach to stroll along or lounge on while sipping on a cocktail or two! The longest beach in Jamaica it is well worth a visit. There is also a Margaritaville for you to enjoy. As well as duty free shopping for those that fancy it.
- Doctor’s Cave Beach In Montego Bay, Jamaica’s 2nd City Doctor’s Cave beach, is a popular spot with tourist and locals alike, delicious food is available at the nearby restaurants. Vendors and radios are banned so the beach has a nice peacefully feel to it although it can be very busy at peak times. For the adventurous traveler water sports are also available.
- Reggae BeachBetween Ocho Rios and Oracabessa, it is considered one of the islands best kept secrets! its Friday after work parties are renowned and go on until the evening hours. 3 beach front bars offer great platters and drinks for you to enjoy while listening to the DJ’s or live music.
- Boston Bay Beach The birth place of “jerk” isn’t just about the food! Portland is the place to head to for clear blue waters and picture perfect views. Like surfing? Well this is the beach to be at for the experienced and novice surfer alike,this beach is one of the few in Jamaica to attract surfers!
- Burwood BeachRecently up graded to include a children’s play area and gazebo’s, this beach is popular with cruise ship passengers,who come in at Falmouth Pier which is a short drive away. You can also find locals here enjoying the crystal clear waters and the water sports the beach has to offer!
Yes Jamaican’s live life to the fullest and their culture and vibe for life has spread throughout the whole world, everywhere you go there is some Jamaican influence!
The jewel of the Caribbean, there is not place like Jamaica.
Jamaica has so much to offer the curious, adventurous traveler.
There are popular attractions that everyone knows about,such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios and The Bob Marley Museum in Kingston,but there are many other places where you can visit and be guaranteed to have a fantastic time.
Sometimes it’s good to try something different.
You’ll have good stories to tell too when you get back home!
here are 10 attractions to enjoy in Jamaica, in no particular order
Private Tour to Dunn’s River Falls
Take a visit to the world famous Dunn’s River Falls with a private tour guide! This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience to climb one of the most well-known falls in the Caribbean. Private transportation and a semi-flexible itinerary will make this day an extra special experience!
Bob Marley Museum Jamaica Tour From Kingston
Learn all about the man, the legend, the icon himself – the late, great Bob Marley! Experience the many achievements of the greatest recording artist Jamaica has ever produced as you tour his former home and learn of his accomplishments and way of life. Forget about what you have read about in books – you will never get a chance to learn more about the King of Reggae music other than by embarking on this tour. This is perfect for couples, groups, and families.
Luminous Lagoon Night Cruise In Falmouth
Visit Jamaica’s fascinating Luminous Lagoon on a night cruise! Cruise around the glowing lagoon in a small boat at night with your expert guide and go for a dip in the colorful water. Enjoy a complimentary rum beverage on board as your guide answers any questions you have about this fascinating lagoon. This is a must-see attraction perfect for the whole family!
Blue Hole Secret Falls Excursions Best Water Falls in Jamaica
Blue Hole or Secret Falls in Ocho Rios Jamaica is a perfect alternative if you have been to Dunns River Falls before and would like to try something new. Also if you would like to avoid the crowds while enjoying the day in serene picturesque beauty then certainly the Blue Hole or Secret Falls is the choice. It is unspoiled and still in its embryonic stage of becoming the next big adventure in Jamaica. Consequently, now is a good time to enjoy the Blue Hole in Ocho Rios, don’t wait until it becomes another touristy place.
Rainforest Adventures Jamaica Mystic Mountain Bobsled Tour
Where else in the world can you experience the thrill of bobsledding without the icy conditions of a snowy mountain? For the adventure of a lifetime in Jamaica, book yourself a seat on a bobsledding tour from Montego Bay, Negril, Ocho Rios or Runaway Bay. Buckle up, hold on and get ready for a thrilling ride through the Jamaican rainforest you won’t want to miss!
Reggae Catamaran Negril Jamaica Sail N Snorkel
Negril Catamarans Sailing and Snorkel Boat tours offer fun and excitement in Negril Jamaica . Sail and snorkel at excellent Sand reefs and simply relax in the delightfully warm sun and tropical breezes. Visit the world famous Rick’s cafe for its Magical Sunsets and Cliff Diving. Lazy on the Beach at the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville ,Party on Negril’s Premier SailBoat all Snorkel gears provided .
Jamaica Swamp Safari Village and Falmouth Tour from Montego Bay
Venture to the Jamaica Swamp Safari Village – site of a famous James Bond movie – with a brief stop in the historical town of Falmouth. On this two-hour tour from Montego Bay, you’ll get up close to a wide variety of animals that live in this natural mangrove habitat. The Swamp Safari is home to more than 30 American crocodiles plus capuchin monkeys, the endangered Jamaican boa constrictor, green iguanas, rare local birds and more. Catch a glimpse of Falmouth’s colonial past before you meet the crocodiles and their companions!
Best of the West Jamaica Island Experience
This tour showcases the best of western Jamaica through a combination of thrilling adventures. Enjoy an exhilarating horseback ride into the warm Caribbean Sea then journey off the beaten track up to Reading Heights for spectacular views. You will also enjoy river tubing along the legendary Great River, followed by ziplining and rappelling!
There are the tried and tested attractions to visit while in Jamaica,
but sometimes is pays to go off the beaten track and try something different and visit some of the many attractions that Jamaica has to offer that may not be so popular.
Check out this great video by, Jamaican Things for some great ideas